Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Aunt Alean and her favorite Reuben sandwiches

My Aunt Alean was such a special lady and my life has been enriched just by knowing her.  She is no longer with us and I miss her terribly.  I have so many good memories of time spent with her.  She loved her country music shows  and detective shows and I loved to pack my suitcase and go spend the weekend with her.  We would grab something to eat and head to her house to kick back and fix ourselves a coke float and watch her favorite shows.  Memories that I now have to treasure. After her husband died she moved back to her home town and we became close.  I liked to tell her she was an original Hicksie Chick and she would always be a Hicksie Chick cause she like us was born with the last name Hicks.   My only regret is that I didn't know her longer.



My sister took her out to eat one day where they ordered Reubens and she loved it!  Doesn't this bring a smile to your face?  Take time out of your busy lives to spend time with the older generation.  Aunt Alean was blessed with many who loved her and I am so thankful she got to spend time in her last days with the Hicksie Chick side of her family as well as the Mast side.  She was one special lady and I miss her daily!

No comments: