Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's going on with the "little flock"...

There is a lot going on with the "little flock" down on the homestead. Come take a tour with me.
What you looking at chump? Don't worry about her --She's paranoid cause she don't have a name yet!
There's an awful lot of crowing and strutting going on...

the pecking order is being established. This little guy needs a movie star name too. Maybe Jackie Chan... something feisty....

This pretty little lady is a mille fleur banty...

And here's her "significant other" or whatever they call it in the chicken yard.... They both need a good movie star name also... Something flashy.... Maybe Elton John for him....

I love his tail feathers!

He thinks I am invading his private space...

Mark named this one Popeye and his main squeeze is Oliveoyle but he's so mean he should have been named Brutus.
cause he's such a bully in the barnyard....

He's been known to try to flog the other roosters through the chicken wire..

And here's his main squeeze Oliveoyle...

Sittin in the shade...
This is Rhett Butler and he's my Silkie rooster. His little woman is Scarlett O'Hare and she's the momma taking care of the little bunch of chicks I now have. ... she's a good woman!
And here's John Wayne the first rooster in the barnyard. But he's feeling a little threatened right now cause there are so many roosters invading his territory and unfortunately he is the one having to back down when the fights are on.....Popeye is too mean for him so he runs! He does not do his name justice and I am ashamed that something called John Wayne is such a sissy!
Go somewhere and hang your head in shame John Wayne!

Can't a girl go lay an egg with a little privacy? Geez....

And of course we can't forget my sister's chickens. These are the "floggin champs". But in a couple weeks we're packing them up and shipping them back to my sister who swore to me they would eat out of your hand cause they are so docile and sweet. Humph....

You see that defiance in his eye? Makes me want to "knock him in the middle of next week" as they use to say when I was a kid. Excuse me while I go down to the hen house and knock him around a bit just to show him this "Hicksie Chick" still reigns supreme on this homestead....
Did have two turkeys in the chicken yard but loaded them up this morning and headed them out. They ate way too much..... Let this be a lesson to the little flock.....Beauty will only get you so far in this life!

No comments: