Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beauty in nature...

Seen this wildflower along the backroad I took going into town tonight. Had to stop and take a closer look. Luckily, I had my camera with me.


Isn't it gorgeous? It has some kind of prickly thorns on it. Only God could create something this beautiful!

This tree grows behind our shop. Think it is called a Catalpa Tree.
Here's a closeup of its flowers.

Honeysuckle growing along the roadside. Smells heavenly!
Old fashioned pink roses also growing along the roadside. Always in bloom just in time for my birthday!
Sometimes you just need to slow down and take the back roads to where you are going so you can enjoy God's beauty in nature. Life goes by too fast to not enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Dk's Wife said...

Hee That purple thing you find beautiful is a thistle, and it is well hated among all farmers. I used to think they were pretty too until I seen what they did to fields.

I love your tree. That is gorgeous!