Saturday, May 29, 2010

Throwing my own birthday bash again!

I love to throw a party and of course my own birthday party!  Ive been known to have 75 friends attend and my philosophy is the more the merrier!
Everyone was very impressed with the newly enclosed gazebo. Was nice and cool inside even though it was 80 degrees outside and we didn't have to worry about flies around the food either. And the food was wonderful! We  had ham, brisket, Italian beef which son in law Steve made and of course the ever popular hotdogs!
Everyone was all smiles and enjoyed reconnecting with old friends.
It was nice and cool sitting out under the trees.

There was much laughter and relaxing and of course eating going on!

Two of my favorite friends. And one of my daughter in laws parents!


Even the older kids seemed to enjoy the food!
Good to see my young friend home from college for the summer. How fast they grow up! I came home one time to find this young lady hanging from the rafters in my garage after her and my son decided to go exploring or something. I just about had a heart attack!

Baby Kaden eats anything you put before him. Loves food and loves going outside!
And my little great-nephew peacefully slept through it all. He's a little sweetheart!

My daughter in law says I always take her picture when she is eating. And here's my very special friend Shirley. Missed getting to see another special friend Laura tonight though. Hope she gets to see the pictures.


I have so many friends and family that God has blessed me with.

And here's my grandkids Poppy taking the hotdogs off the grill. Even with the ham and brisket and Italian beef, we went through several packages of hotdogs. Everybody loves hotdogs! Remember the old jingle so popular back in the day "Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Meyer hotdog, that is what I'd really like to be, cause if I were an Oscar Meyer hotdog, everybody would be in love with me."
The smoker is empty. Perfect size for 3 chickens, a whole ham, and several briskets

The little kids loved playing in the little pool I picked up just for this day.

And the kids playgym was right next to where we were sitting . Gracie loved the swing. Adorable little great-niece of mine.
Best friends.

It was a day full of smiles and good times.

Although Koda seemed pretty solemn.
Hope everyone had as much fun being with friends and family as I did. Throwing myself a party was a great birthday present to myself. I think I will do it again next year!
By the way, Tool Belt Jim bought me an antique rocking chair for my birthday. Love it!

No comments: