Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cause that is what Nana's do...

Koda was reading one of his Thomas the Train magazines and came across one of those perforated pull out advertisements. He wanted me to pull it out and throw it away and as I was doing so I noticed it was an advertisement to win prizes for drawing and coloring your favorite train. So when I read the directions to him he got very excited about the possibility of winning "Emily" his favorite train of the moment.

So I helped him draw Thomas and we colored him and put the pic in the envelope to be mailed.
Now of course this is where Nana steps in to do her magic. I went to my local Wal-Marts and picked up Emily the train and took her back home. I said "wow, look what came for someone and I wonder who it is for?" He kept ducking his head and wasn't too sure what to think about that. His momma says she is not sure he bought my story but anyway he was playing away when I left.
And now I am sure he will be tearing out every perforated thing he can find and wanting to mail it in to win something. I remember doing that all the time when I was a kid. I loved sending something off in the mail always expecting I might get something back in return. Although I don't remember ever winning anything.

And that reminds me of another story. When Rachel was little we always got these little cards in the mail advertising something. Her dad always told her they were jokes so she would get each one out, study it and then laugh just like she got the joke. Didn't take much to keep her entertained did it? If I remember right, she too filled out her share of cards to be mailed hoping something would come back in return.

Aah, the innocence of a child!!!

1 comment:

Ella said...

What an awesome Nana ....
Blessigs, GG