Friday, January 15, 2010

7 Layer Dip

I had forgotten how easy it is to throw this dish together for a quick snack when company drops in. This may not be the official recipe but here's how I make it. If I don' t have something, I just leave it out and go on. Or throw something extra in that everyone likes.
First spread the bottom layer with refried beans. Then combine a 16 oz carton of sour cream with a packet of taco seasoning mix. I think the original recipe calls for 1/3 cup mayonnaise but I didn't have any so left it out. Stir this mixture together and spread evenly on the refried beans.
Add a layer of guacamole dip.
Then add tomatoes, chopped green onions, olives, shredded cheese, and heck, throw in the kitchen sink if you want to. (That just means anything else you like for those of you like my daughter that don't understand my lingo)
I like to serve with those cute little tortilla chips that are like little cups so you can actually get a decent amount in them.
Oh wait, I just realized I didn't add any salsa anywhere. So throw some of that on too if you like it. Home made is always good.
I put this in a 9 x 13 but it looks really good in a round, flat platter also. Little more decorative!
Good food, good friends equals good times!

No comments: