Friday, May 8, 2009

What a Storm!!

Sometime about 6:00 A.M. my daughter and the boys came down to the house and said we were under a severe thunderstorm warning. Then it proceeded to rain and the wind blew like crazy. It rained and rained and rained. I've heard we got close to 5 inches in a short amount of time. I needed to be at the Red Cross office early and when I went into town the water was already going over the highway. Cars were getting stranded in high water in town and it was pretty exciting for a while in our little town.


These pictures are of our local golf course located at the Country Club. Golf anyone?
I spent the afternoon working for the Red Cross helping those who weren't as fortunate with the storm as we were. I seen lots of very large trees blown down , roofs blown off and one lady had a large hole in her roof where a limb fell through and landed in her living room.
It's a good feeling to know volunteering with the American Red Cross really does make a difference in people's lives!

No comments: