Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leading the quiet, simple life today...

Was going to help clean out a warehouse for the Red Cross today, but instead stayed home and took the day off to enjoy the simple life. Went down to the pond early in the morning to talk to God and feed the fish....

Turned the ducks out so they could enjoy the fresh grass and the rain shower...

And sat on the patio watching this squirrel try to eat the corn off the feeder. My father in law made this feeder and I enjoy having it on my patio.


Reminds me of the joke where the squirrel lying on the shrink's couch....There's a little "nut" in all of us. And some of us are just plain "squirrely". Ha. Ha.

What a beautiful day it was. Aah, the simple life. Life is what you make it. Take time to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog… you can find more Porch Swings. ideas, which will help you to decorate your home.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a little garden sign that read: "One's heart is nearer to God in a garden than any place else on earth."
For me... I really feel that I can quiet myself and listen to God when I'm away from 'noise' and in the midst of animals/nature.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a day.