Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! The boy's Poppy  and I had all our kids and grand-kids home but the ones that live in South Carolina and we ate and visited and ate some more. It was a beautiful day for a family get together and I hope you celebrated with your loved ones too.

I cut up my turkey the night before and baked the dark meat that night and saved the breast to put in the oven this morning with some of my grandmother's dressing around it.

Then I baked a ham, made sweet potatoes, homemade noodles, brocolli and rice casserole and the gravy. The rest of the girls made the pies, rolls , scalloped potatoes, corn with cream cheese in it and salad. My little grand-daughters even got in the act and made wonderful, chewy brownies.



My daughter made a special cranberry relish that her husbands now deceased mother always made. We want to keep that tradition alive in honor of her memory every year.

















Everyone lined up eager to eat all that good food. And we ate, laughed with one another, and ate some more. That's what life is really all about. Faith, Family, Friends.


Only thing left now to do is TAKE A NAP!!!!

2 comments:

Beverly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly said...

Hi Joyce,

Sorry about the first post, I forgot to preview it before I posted it. I love your blog and wanted to say "Thanks" to you and Rachel for honoring my Mom. I really meant alot to me and I am sure it did too my brother also. Thanks again and "Happy Holidays"

Beverly