Friday, April 4, 2008

Life Can Be Hard Sometimes..


I have a tree in my yard that reminds me that life can be hard sometimes. But, the important thing is what you do with those hard times. You know that old saying that goes, "when life throws you lemons, make lemonade." Sometimes, if we will let Him, God uses our hard situations to cause us to grow. I do not know what has happened to this tree, but instead of growing tall and straight , it's main trunk bends way over. If it could talk, I am sure it would have a sad story to tell of what has caused it to bend so low. But, it makes a perfect tree for hanging a porch swing on and watching the activity going on in the 80 acre homestead. From under it's branches, I swing slowly and reflect on life's happenings. And I want to be one that can go through life's hard situations and come out the other side a better person because of them. How about you?

No comments: