Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Supper 2009

I fixed enchiladas for supper and Rachel made a salad and Jennifer brought pumpkin pie and the most delicious chocolate cake with icing that melts in your mouth that Abbey made. It seems like we have celebrated all day long today. Come enjoy more Christmas pictures with me...
Little baby Kaden has had a really long day and he crashed out on poppy's chest.
First, for the presents. I should mention here that I gave all my kids and grandkids checks for Christmas this year. They loved it. I loved it. Everyone happy! My daughter in law Jennifer is a wonderful photographer and she took this beautiful group picture of all the kids together. I just love it!
Jennifer said Kevin picked out this present for me. He knows my fondness for anything chicken apparently. Don't you just love it?

I think I will use it as a centerpiece on my dining room table.

Tim headed straight for the food you notice.

Don't you love sitting down with people you love, eating good food and catching up on everybodys lives. School dances, latest boy stories, new clothes, jewelry, sports, work....and cousins spending time together. Can't beat it

Here's son Tim making a silly face. Doesn't he have the prettiest eyes? Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of this boy and how much I love him? I really think all my kids are pretty special.  Good kids, wonderful daughter in laws and the best son in law you could ask for.

And once again the younger cousins gather around the coffee table to eat their meal together and visit with each other. Don't you think they'll remember going over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we'll go....

I will have to confess here that this year I did not decorate for Christmas or even put up a tree. Hope they won't remember me as "the grandma who never put up a tree" when they grow up as one of my best friends told me.
Well, it has been a long but fun filled day. Another Christmas passed by. Good food, good friends and family, and good fellowship. And good presents. But let's not forget the real reason we gather on Christmas every year. To celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who was sent to die for us so our sins could be forgiven.

No comments: