Sunday, July 5, 2009

Priscilla's Grandmother's Vine

I have this vine that came from my friend Priscilla's grandmother's home. We don't know its real name but maybe it's a Moon flower vine. It attracts the bees big time. And it's root gets bigger and bigger each year and reminds me of a sweet potato vine.

Not a good idea to put it next to your house foundation because it spreads and will also come up under the concrete if possible. But I love it out from the house growing up my bird feeder and up trellis.



It grows up my windmill and stops it from turning so I have to keep it trimmed back.

The blooms remind me of a giant morning glory flower. Thought it opened in the evenings but I realized it was blooming during the middle of the day.
Whatever it is I think it is beautiful!!!

1 comment: