Monday, December 15, 2008

Being Domestic Today...


Somedays you just have to stop the world and do those things at home that have just got to be done. Today is one of those days. I'm mopping floors because I couldn't stand them anymore. Having wood heat may keep you toasty warm on a cold day, but it is messy! So I have mopped floors, done up the dishes, done laundry, baked the home-made bread that Poppy  mixed up this morning, and tonight I am making home-made pizza.

This has been a busy week-end and it seems if I accomplish one thing a day anymore, it does me in! I had an all day Red Cross training on Saturday and we had a church dinner on Sunday and that seemed to take up my week-end.

I was going to go to town this morning, but my son hasn't came home with my old truck and my friend from Oregon has my good truck, and it is 17 degrees outside, so I decided to stay in and be "domestic" today. Believe it or not, when I went to church yesterday , it was 65 degrees. By 5:00 in the evening, the cold air was coming in and the temperature fell like a rock all evening. Strange weather patterns. It was 26 degrees last night and lightning and thundering. Then when it started raining, it could only come down as sleet. Don't remember that ever happening before!

Tomorrow I'll be out in the cold world again but for now, staying in where it is warm and smelling the aroma of fresh home-made bread baking and curling up in a chair with a good book can't be beat!
And nothing tastes as good as home-made pizza. Forget carry-out and make your own!

No comments: