Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring has arrived!







I made a quick tour around the yard yesterday to see how things were doing. My ornamental pear tree was in full bloom and covered with bees. I tried to get some of the bees to show up in my photograph, but even though they were everywhere, none showed up in the picture. Oh well.


Then I surveyed my windmill. It looks pretty bare now with just the Yucca Plants beside it, but when summer gets here, there will be a vine with huge white flowers growing all the way to the top and sometimes so thick, it hinders the moving of the spinning wind director. It is really beautiful when the Yucca Plants are in bloom.



Then I checked out the flower beds and my hostas are starting to come up as well as my daylilies and other plants. Spring may really be here at last!! I am so ready!!!




I went down and laid on the dock yesterday and soaked up the sunshine, listened to the birds and watched the fish jumping in the pond. The dock is the place where I can go when life is starting to get stressful . There I can begin to "quiet my soul within" . I believe if you are at peace within , then no matter what life throws at you from without, you can handle it. Reminds me of the line from the old song, "It is well with my soul." Hope you have a dock in your own life--a place where you can withdraw for a short while and meditate on scriptures such as the one in Psalm 46:10 which says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

No comments: