Monday, April 19, 2010

Now how did that coon get out of that trap?

On my way home last night I caught a fox in my headlights messing down around my chicken house so Tool Belt Jim borrowed a live animal trap and set out hoping to catch it. But guess what was in the trap this morning? A very large coon. Tool Belt Jim left it in the trap thinking he would come home tonight and let it go cause he was pretty sure from looking at it that it had babies somewhere.


But when he got home that night the coon was no longer in the trap. And he was amazed cause the coon would have had to lift the trap door to get out. He thought maybe I had let it out but no way was I gonna mess with that coon. I remember seeing the blood dripping off my grandpa's finger when I was a little girl after he tangled with a coon. I have a feeling coons are way smarter than we give them credit for.

No comments: