Friday, November 20, 2009

Preparations are being made...

I've got the overflow room set up for tomorrows Thanksgiving dinner. I think I can seat about 20 out here and Tool Belt Jim is putting the door up on the outdoor gazebo that he has been enclosing and I think I can seat about 20-25 out there. Then when you count the kitchen which seats 8 and then the living room I should be able to seat 55 or so.

Wish all my family could make it tomorrow but one son lives in South Carolina. Police Officer son gets off work at 7 in the morning and has to be back at work at 3 in the afternoon so he needs to stay home and sleep. But I am thankful that I get to see family that I haven't gotten together with for a long time. I know we'll have a good time.

I have my ham slowly baking today. I have already made my dressing as well as the brocolli/rice casserole. Tomorrow I will add some broth to the dressing and add some ham juice to the brocolli/rice casserole and I think they will taste great.

I am cutting up the turkey and just leaving the breast whole. Then instead of putting the whole turkey on the table, I will put some dressing around the breast and it will still look nice but I won't have all the other mess. That way all the dishes are cleaned up, the turkey is deboned etc.

Nothing like the smell of ham baking and turkey roasting.

1 comment:

GrammyGoo said...

Nana~~
Hope you and your family have the most womderful , joyful Thanksgiving.
Blessings, GG