Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Busy, Busy Day...

Ah, life on the homestead. Went out and picked my cucumbers this morning and don't have enough for pickles so headed out to the local Amish store and bought a sack full to bring home and make pickles with. Having trouble finding enough Mrs. Wages pickle mixes.

Went to one of my grandsons birthday party tonight. Enjoyed visiting with my family and watching the kids playing together. Sitting on the patio and enjoying the evening was relaxing.

Suppose to go back to the little Amish store tomorrow as they said they would have tomatoes. Trying to figure out the best way to make Salsa and keep it from being boiled down to mush. Maybe freezing it works better than canning it. Water bath canning or regular canning cooks it too much for my taste. So I will experiment.


Big baptism coming up in our farm pond this Sunday. My son will be baptising two of his daughters and the list of kids wanting to be baptised is growing every day. Sounds like fun and memorable to me.

And Tool Belt Jim will be leaving Sunday for his annual motorcycle trip. Sure he will be blogging about it too.

Hope you too had a great evening!

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

Hi there, I have a wonderful recipe for salsa. I'll try to get it up on my blog shortly. I think you will like it...it is not mushy at all..let me know what you think! God bless you and happy canning!