Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's hot outside...

My local Red Cross is setting up a "cooling center" today because our heat index is suppose to be from 100 degrees to 110 degrees. Be sure and check on your friends and the elderly in this heat. I remember my Great Aunt would always sit with the windows closed and when I would turn on the air conditioning she would wait until I left and then turn it back off again. That's what happens when you have been through the depression.

So let's look out for one another! And keep cool!

1 comment:

I'm Deb. said...

Thank you so much for the reminder. We have an elderly neighbor who sits in her home with all the windows & curtains closed all morning while it's cool and opens them later in the day when she has to. She refuses to get an air conditioner.
She hates people fussing over her, so last year I found a 'creative' way to check in on her. I'd take her a fruit smoothie, some cool strawberry shortcake, some new flavor of iced tea, etc. during the hot afternoon.
Thank you so much for this much needed reminder.