Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've Got Chickens Laying Eggs...

It's been awhile since I've updated everyone on what's happening around the 80 acre homestead and I've been gone so long I will have to see what is new myself.



But we bought 5 chickens before I left and Tool Belt Jim added 3 more so now we have 8 chickens down at the chicken house. But I'm only getting 7 eggs so one of them is slacking off on me. But still 7 eggs a day is pretty good.



Tool Belt Jim said the rain we had several days ago washed out the garden I had already planted so we'll try that again. I think the potatoes washed out of the ground and then the weather turned cold and probably froze them.



I have several huge buds on my white wisteria vine which should bloom for the first time this year. But the one on the other side of the rounded trellis still has no buds. My blue wisteria doesn't have any buds either and I am hoping I didn't prune them too drastically or too late in the year. Don't think you can kill them though so it should be O.K.



I also saw my Jane Magnolia tree bloomed while I was gone. It is only about 3 feet tall but I love Magnolia's.

What a beautiful day it is today!!! I'm going to enjoy God's beautiful creation today!!

1 comment:

~Quasimodo~ said...

Oh Nana--chickens! I'd LOVE to have chickens, but alas, we live in the part of the city where they don't allow them. Seven eggs a day IS good! Man, I'd love some farm fresh eggs!

I'm not having very good luck with my garden either...well, more accurately, my seeds. They aren't starting, and I don't really have a good foolproof way to start seeds. I'm concerned because it's getting late, and plants are getting expensive at the store!

Wisteria is divine, isn't it? Ours died a while back, but suprisingly, came back--maybe they do that over the years? Can you tell I'm not a gardener?

Have a wonderful day, Nana!