Saturday, January 3, 2009

It feels like Spring today!

Isn't God good? He gives us 68 degree days in the middle of winter just for fun! Anyway, I took advantage of the beautiful day and worked outside all day. Guess I won't have to walk my two miles on the teadmill today!

First, I raked the leaves out of the fence down at the garden. And I took down a couple cattle panels in the garden because I want to do something different with my tomatoes this year and you can't get the big tractor in the garden with the panels up. And I need Tool Belt Jim to plow under my manure and additives . I'm going to make my garden bigger this year. Can you believe I'm thinking gardening the first of January?

Then I raked all the leaves that have blown back up around the house and mowed them. They make good mulch for the soil. Gives me a chance to pick up the small limbs that have fallen before the snow covers them again. I just love days like this!

Jim found a large dipper somewhere and I am sure I can find a good use for it.

Still thinking about those chickens but my citified daughter just rolls her eyes everytime I mention getting animals. I'm going to the extension office on Monday because my friend Pat tells me they have some plans there for building chicken pens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed catching up on the walton site. Seems as though life is going on!!!! MY

Washer Mom Val said...

Saturday was our day like that. I cleaned up some leaves that came from the other end of town I'm sure, threw away my long done hedge apples and Sophie got some swing time. I love the outdoors when the weather is perfect! Today was a different story already as the wind turned north. Nice real post.

Kay aka dkswife said...

I hope you are going to let the chickens free range because otherwise they will eat you out of house and home!

I enjoy my chickens.

Happy New Year

Kay