Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tool Belt Jim makes bread


Doesn't the Bible call bread the "staff of life?" Well, it's time once again to make some bread! I bet if I had to I could live on bread and honey.
Tool Belt Jim rolled out the table that held his "kicked up a notch" flour grinder and ground out some flour. By the way, wheat is sure getting more expensive to find and lots of places have a waiting list, so order yours now instead of waiting until you can't find it or it's too expensive to buy. Best thing to do is find a local farmer and see if he has some stored in those big grain bins. But it has to be the right kind of wheat so know what you are doing.
Notice how easily the flour slides down the shute?
Here's the bread after it rose. Wow! Tool Belt Jim found out that by grinding the flour twice, it made a better texture bread and rose much higher and faster.

Didn't get a picture, but it tasted wonderful with honey dripping down the sides! Trust me in that! My favorite part of the bread is the heels so guess who cuts the ends off first? Yep, you guessed it. Me, Me, Me. Sometimes life is about me!!!

1 comment:

lookuptoday said...

Yum-yum-yum, i love home made bread. I swear i can smell it through the monitor. I love the picture of little Grace with the packages. Dee