Monday, August 25, 2008

"Needy Women's Night"

What a beautiful day today was! A gentle breeze was blowing and it was not too hot. On the way home today I had a thought. If I knew today was my last day on earth, what would I do today? I actually was on my way home with the intentions to clean house and mop my kitchen floor. But after having that thought, I decided against it. What would I wish I had spent more time doing if I knew time was running out? Well, I thought about that off and on quite a bit this afternoon. I would regret that I didn't spend more time laughing and having good times with my friends. I would regret that I rushed through life so much trying to accomplish too much. I would regret that I spent so much time doing things that don't make a difference in the big picture. And I would regret that I really didn't focus more on the big picture.

So, I remembered how much fun it use to be to get together with my girlfriends and just be silly and laugh. I haven't done that forever, seems like. So I am calling for a "Women's Needy Night" this Friday night. We as women must never forget how much we need each other, how much we need to let our hair down and have fun and laugh, how much we need to fellowship with one another. We need to spend time sharing our ups and sharing our downs with each other. So that's why I'm calling it a "Women's Needy Night." Kinda short notice, but I welcome my friends who are feeling "needy" to come and join me! Who knows what might happen?

1 comment:

Kay aka dkswife said...

Well, if I was closer I would join you guys :)