Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home-made Ice Cream...




I haven't made home-made ice cream for years, so this afternoon I dug out my forgotten ice cream freezer, cleaned it up and got on the Internet looking for recipes. I still have my mother's recipe but it calls for raw eggs and I am not sure if I want to go that route in this day and age. Maybe when we were kids and had our own chickens and knew the eggs were taken out of the nest yesterday would that be O.K. Has anyone out there in blog land got any good recipes or suggestions on the "egg thing?"


I tried to get mix from the store, but alas, my local grocery store was out today. So I went to plan B. That's called making it from scratch. So I made my recipe using junket tablets and added a box of vanilla pudding. Didn't think it was as good as mom's recipe but maybe it is just because everything always tasted better as a child.


I also forgot how noisy that freezer was! Notice my grandkids had their hands over their ears. And my daughter thinks we should have homemade ice cream for everybody's birthday!! I need to pass the recipe on and let her be the "keeper of the freezer!"

1 comment:

Kay aka dkswife said...

I have one of those knock off cuisinart type of ice cream makers! It is awesome!