Monday, May 19, 2008

What Is That Smell????




For several days we have been smelling something rotten as we come into the entryway to our house. Tool Belt Man tells me it is a dead mouse in the garage but I keep smelling it in the entryway. I would hold my nose and try to find it, but to no avail. I finally gave up and opened a couple windows thinking at least the smell wouldn't be so strong in the house.

When my son went to turn on the water spigot which happens to be located under the front porch, he found the "dead thing." All this time it was under the steps going up to the front porch. Don't know what happened to it or how it got there, but dead it was!!

So Tool Belt Man shoveled it up and then climbed into the jeep all the time holding it out the side while I drove like mad to the woods so we could throw it away. God, what an awful smell!!!

The interesting thing was I just made it worse by opening the window because the steps with the "dead thing" under them were just outside the window. Now, hopefully that was really what we were smelling, and do not still have a dead mouse in the entryway somewhere.

So I guess life on the 80 acre homestead sometimes stinks!!!

No comments: